- Fresh Juicy Grapefruit Eat it with a little sugar, by itself or squeeze it for a fresh grapefruit juice!
- The Best Price Of The Market Premium quality at a great price, since you are sourcing direct from growers and producers in South America.
- Packed accordingly to its needs We keep a close eye on the supply chain, from growing to delivery, to ensure that each product meets our high-quality standards and your requirements.
- Crate Units For chefs, commercial kitchens & family houses. Branded bags, bulk bags, boxes, truck-load sized orders.
- Satisfaction guarantee We stand by our products and our customers. If you are unsatisfied with your order, reach out to us and we'll offer you a solution.
- Price per kg / 2.2 lb. Sold by crates.
Grapefruit (Citrus x paradisi) is a citrus fruit, grown in trees, and it is characterized by its sour to semisweet and partly bitter taste. It resembles oranges but is usually bigger and more acidic, and its color varies from yellow, to orange to pink. The fruit's name is derived from the way it grows in trees, since it comes out in clusters that resemble those from where grapes come from. Its pulp varies in color from white, to pink to red and this determines the sweetness or sourness as well, being the red ones generally sweeter than others.
Some variety names are: Duncan, Flame, Henderson, Oro Blanco, Pink, Ray, Ruby Red, among others. The variations come from the difference in color, adaptation, mutations, amount of juice that it can produce and size.
Grapefruit is one of the fruits that provides the most amount of vitamin C per daily value, with 131.83%, right after oranges and lemons. This makes it helpful for metabolizing proteins more effectively and to maintain collagen to reduce signs of aging.
Market overview and production
China leads the world production of this fruit with approximately 9.3 million tonnes, 53% of thew world total. It is followed by Mexico, Vietnam and the United States
No reviews found